Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nothing

I have nothing.
Well, I have a couple of excuses, but even I think they are pretty lame.

In moments like this, I yearn for the days when I could blame all my problems on someone else.

This is my first semester working and studying, and I haven't quite got the hang of it, yet.

If I had more free time, I'd at least withdraw from my other class. The Professor's teaching style doesn't fit my learning style at all. My discomfort there, along with the discomfort of not being able to grasp hold of this Logic, is creating way more stress than I am used to dealing with.

Too bad quitting isn't an option. Making a fool of myself, or failing, are options. Quitting isn't.

Bi-Polar disorder is soooo much fun. In mania, I can't do math (symbolic logic IS math); in depression, I can't write.





8 comments:

  1. So much for getting to bed early tonight! I started reading everyone else's blogs at 8:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime failing is good option. I think that there is so much you can learn from failure. I've failed a thousand times over and I just keep looking up. I think failure leaves space for a person to expand their education and everything else in between. Now that I think about it, I'm guessing no one truly fails since failure leads to growth. You're right quitting isn't an option, failure definetly is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "No one truly fails since failure leads to growth." wow. Tramel, I agree with that. Though I don't like the feelings that come during the growth. I thought this was gonna be the semester I conquered perfectionism and procrastination. At least I got off to a better start than usual!

      Delete
  3. Tramel touched base on something very important in relation to your post, Robin. No one truly "fails" because it certainly does lead to growth. So, for clearer communicative purposes, perhaps we should define failure as receiving a non-passing grade in a class. With that in mind, as long as we seek to learn from all of our experiences, and the experiences of others, our "grade" in life improves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point on needing to be clear on failure, Colby. Non-passing grades aren't even in my radar. Failure for me is not completing an assignment on time,not paying attention to directions, not asking for help, not showing up for class, and so on.
      {But I sure wouldn't mind being able to post as well as the rest of you!}

      Delete
  4. Remember Malcom Gladwell's observation that successful people fail far more often than unsuccessful people do! So get to it!

    ReplyDelete